Holy Cow! There is absolutely no denying that these boys are brothers! When they laid Jack on my chest I was immediately struck by the amazing resemblance to Drew as a newborn. I would expect that they would look alike, but not like twins born a few years apart! Check out the side by sides below!
He is absolutely perfect and we are totally in LOVE!!! Big brother is absolutely amazing with him and is so proud of his baby! We are home and settling in as a family of 4! Life simply can't get any better!
Peanut's eviction notice has been served! We are "on the books" for induction tomorrow! We call the Birth Center early to check and make sure they aren't on overload (they shouldn't be) and in we go! We went to be induced on a Thurs with Drew as well - coincidental?!
I was 2 cm and "ripe" at my OB appt today. VERY soon we will be a family of 4!!!
At our weekly OB appointment yesterday they told us that if Peanut does not come by our appointment next Wed, then we will induce. This is due to a history of High Blood Pressure and my lovely Advanced Maternal Age. We were induced with Drew as well so we know what to expect this time around if it comes to that.
So, either way we figure we'll have the babe in our arms by next weekend. Ahhhhhhh, the end is n sight!
1. Clean downstairs bathroom including pulling out washer and dryer to clean behind.....check!
2. Clean kitchen thoroughly including washing down all cabinets and island.....check!
3. Install new laminate flooring in Mom and Mama's bedroom, repaint all baseboards, repaint heaters, wash windows, move all furniture back in.....check! (Thanks in large part to Mama's brother who installed the flooring.)
4. Pick out new carpet for staircase and schedule appt. for measuring.....check!
Still to do...
5. Put together baby's room.....that is Sunday's plan!
6. Clean Little Man's room....also on the docket for Sunday.
7. Clean and rearrange living room and den to accommodate baby gear.
This pregnancy has been flying by at lightning speed! I can hardly believe that it is only 3 1/2 more weeks at the most until we meet this little one!
We have to laugh though because they saying about 2nd children is so proving true in our house. We have taken exactly 2 belly pics this time (we had almost weekly with Drew)....the nursery is nowhere near ready yet (it is actually full of the furniture from our bedroom as my brother is installing laminate flooring in our room literally as I write), the hospital bag sits on the floor of the closet with nothing in it, car seat is sitting in the middle of the floor and uninstalled as of yet. All of these things were done and ready a good 2 - 3 months before Drew came and here we are 2 -3 WEEKS from delivery. I guess you realize a bit more how little you really need for a newborn in those early days and you just don't stress out as much the second time around.
Even with our lax approach we are VERY EXCITED to welcome our new family member and can't wait to find out boy or girl. Funny thing is that I have absolutely no inkling of what is cooking in my belly. With Drew I "knew" boy from the beginning. Many people are saying they think girl, but we shall see soon enough.
I will share belly pics from a week or so ago....... maybe we will sneak in another before the baby comes!