Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Thursday, February 5, 2009

HB436


HB436 - that stands for House Bill 436 relative to civil marriage and civil unions. This bill will be in legislative session today at the NH State House. This bill is proposing that gay marriage be legal in NH beginning January 1, 2010. How exciting would that be?


Let's hope that things go smoothly today when the bill is in committee. I know it still has a long road to travel before it can become law, but I will remain hopeful that I can marry my love someday soon!

***the above is a pic of our rings from our Civil Union***

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed : )

Anonymous said...

The hearing went great, the attendance was about 3-1 in favor of equality. Looks like it has a damn good chance of passing the House.

But the Senate is the hard part. When it gets to those hearings, make sure and get your ass to Concord!

C.I.W. said...

That is really exciting!! The east coast is shaping up- now I wish the rest of the country would figure it out!

Casey