Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Turning Point

I finally reached a turning point this week. All of a sudden I said to MJ, "I feel good today!" The best part was that the feeling continued the next day, and the next, and the next..... I think my hormones have probably balanced out, I have stopped bleeding, and am just generally in a better space. I have to say it feels good - finally.

We've had a great weekend too - Friday night we went to dinner and went shopping, and Saturday we did a bunch of yardwork and put together our new gazebo that we bought Friday night. Then we went shopping for a patio set to put inside the gazebo. It was so much fun and was nice to spend time together. At one point I mentioned to MJ that I feel like this is the first weekend that has finally had some sense of normalcy. Not that we don't have our moments still that are tough, but is is nice to have our lives back a bit.

Today we are going to my parents' house for a seafood boil to celebrate my brother's 30th birthday. The cake is cooling and we have to frost and decorate it, then go pick up my Nana. The dogs are resting up as they are very excited to go and play as well.

Things are looking up!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad that you've made it to this point. Have fun at the seafood boil. They are always yummy.

Anonymous said...

honestly, i am amazed by your strenth. you are incredible. glad you are feeling a little better - enjoy the seafood boil, sounds great!