Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's Over

My Maternity Leave is over.  I go back to work on Monday.  It has been so wonderful to spend every day just hanging out with Drew, but the reality is that the bills have to be paid and I am just about out of sick time!  I have been so fortunate to have a full 4 months off with him when most people only get 6 - 8 weeks.  I also have been paid the entire time due to sick time that I have banked over the past 12 years at my job.  We were lucky - really lucky!

Drew will be spending his days with my cousin's wife and we couldn't be happier about it.  It is so nice to know that he will be well taken care of and he can be with family instead of strangers.  Again, we are so fortunate to have that option available to us.

On the plus side, there are only 7 work weeks until we have a week off in April and then there are 9 weeks until summer vacation.  Plus I still have 2 1/2 personal days that I can use.  The joys of being a teacher!

I'm sure Monday morning will be hard, but I get to look forward to the end of the day when I pick up my charming Little Man.  It will all be ok!

We are blessed!

2 comments:

Pomegranate said...

I'm sorry it's time to go back. :(

Allison said...

I'm convinced that teaching is one of the best jobs for people who have children. I love being a teacher, and I love that being a teacher I get so much time off throughout the year, especially now that I'm a parent.

It's great that you got to spend so much time off with Drew. I can only imagine that it doesn't feel like ENOUGH time off. In Ontario (where we live) mat leave and parental leave combine to a year off. However, being married to an American, I think I'm more aware of and appreciative for what so many other people here take somewhat for granted.