Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Monday, September 30, 2013

Flying Solo

MJ went back to work this morning....booo hooo!  We were so fortunate that she was able to take 5 weeks off and that we could be together as a family for that time.  I have another 5 weeks still which will be lovely.

I currently have 2 sleeping boys, I am showered, the dishwasher is unloaded, dinner is in the crockpot, and I have had breakfast.  Hopefully the day continues to go as smoothly!

I have to laugh because when Drew was an infant MJ would head of to work and leave us in bed snuggling until 8 or 8:30 in the morning and it was lovely.  Not so with 2 kids!  I was up with Jack at 6 and made sure I pumped and showered before she left.  There is no way with 2 kids that I would be able to leave them alone and shower!  Drew is too helpful :) and Jack would scream the whole time.  Oh how different life is with two.  I wouldn't change it for the world, though!

We had a fantastic "last hurrah" over the weekend before MJ went back to work today.  We enjoyed an art class and playing at a local indoor play place, had lots of fun at a local fair, went to Tumble Time, celebrated with some friends as they officially adopted their 20 month old son who they brought home from the hospital and went apple picking with our local family equality group.  The weather here has been gorgeous and the leaves are turning their beautiful hues of orange, red, and yellow.

I'll leave you with a couple of fun pics from our weekend...


1 comment:

anofferingoflove said...

um, first, you are amazing. showered..dishes done..dinner. im seriously impressed.

your boys are beautiful! I cant believe jack is 5 weeks old already! what?!