Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Special People in this World. . .

Ok, so I just have to tell you about a few of the special people we came across on our camping adventure.

We'll start with our campsite neighbors. They arrived at 10:30 Friday night - who arrives at 10:30 at night to camp???!!! After almost an hour of their headlights shining into our site and the clinking of their tent poles, the ranger had to come and help them set up their tent as they had absolutely no idea how to do it. Fast forward to Saturday night when he tried for about 2 hours to get a campfire started by just throwing various things into the fire ring. He certainly made some good smoke! Later that evening came the best part of all - they decided to play cards by candlelight due to the fact that they did not have a flashlight or lantern. They were going to play UNO - and they had to read the directions! More than once, mind you! Now who in this world as an adult needs to read directions for UNO - come on people.

OK, special person number 2 has to do with a wonderful mullet. This was one of the best mullets I have ever seen. The whole short do in the front and the hair in the back - was long enough to hang past her backside - the best part was it was in a pretty braid. I wish I had my camera.

Special person #3 involves a scooter. Now with the rise of gas prices, I am all for purchasing a scooter to try and offset the cost of going places, but not when you are VERY large and wearing a muu-muu! Now, I am a big girl myself, and the woman on this scooter (yes, wearing a muu - muu) had probably a good 100 pounds on me - it was a sight, let me tell you!

So, that is the story of some of the special people we came in contact with.

In other news, we got a call from the doctor today and my progesterone blood work came back well - indicating ovulation!!! Yeah, I finally ovulated - now if our timing was right, we may just be pregnant! We'll know more by the end of the week when we can take a HPT (that stands for Home Pregnancy Test, Jim :) !)

Tomorrow's update - our new hobby of cake decorating! Stay tuned!

No comments: