OK, so this is floating around on some of my Internet friends' blogs, so I had to jump on the band wagon. Here are a few of our thoughts regarding 2008. We both answered to make it a bit more interesting!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Carrie: Went parasailing and swam with dolphins.
MJ: Went on a cruise and swam with dolphins.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Carrie: No, I didn’t keep 2008 resolutions, and I will definitely try to be better about it this year.
MJ: I don’t remember even making any and yes, I hope to make some for 2009.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Both: Thankfully, NO!
5. What places did you visit?
Both: Key West, FL; Nassau, Bahamas; Cape Cod, MA; Waterville, MN; Canon City, CO; Walt Disney World
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Both: A healthier life and a baby
7. What day from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Both: Election Day – all of the hullabaloo was finally over!
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Both: good question!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Both: We don’t like to look at anything as a failure, but as an experience to learn and grow from
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
MJ: had surgery in May to remove ovary
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Carrie: Tickets for a cruise
MJ: iPod touch
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both: Monique for putting the past behind and enjoying our motel trip at Christmas
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Both: no one
14. Where did most of your money go?
Carrie: up the whoo haa
MJ: up Carrie’s whoo haa
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Carrie: Our cruise and getting a Wii for my birthday
MJ: Our cruise and Disney
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Carrie: Can't think of any
MJ: Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Carrie: Happier, fatter, poorer
MJ: Happier, Fatter, poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
MJ: save money
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
Both: We spent time the Sunday before with Carrie’s family and then we flew to MN to spend the holiday with MJ’s family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Both: over and over again!
22. What are your three favorite photos of 2008?
Both: too many to list
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Carrie: Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, Survivor, Amazing Race
MJ: Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice, ER
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
Carrie: I had a birthday weekend that included dinner out, a seafood boil with my parents, and I got a Wii!!!
MJ: Opened presents at home – I even had to make my own dinner and cake!
25. What was the best book you read?
Both: Too many to list
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Both: We’re kind of boring in that department!
27. What did you want and get?
Carrie: a Wii
MJ: I don’t know
28. What did you want and not get?
Both: a positive pregnancy test
29. What was your favorite film this year?
Carrie: Bucket List
MJ: Nights in Rodanthe
30. Did you make some new friends this year?
31.What is one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Carrie: Getting pregnant and saving more money
MJ: To have all the money thrown up Carrie’s whoo haa pay off.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Carrie: Anything that fit and was comfortable
MJ: Khakis and a sweater
33. What kept you sane?
Carrie: MJ and support of family and friends
MJ: my honey
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Both: Prop 8, The election
35. Who did you miss?
Carrie: no one
MJ: My Dad.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Carrie: Can't think
MJ: Who Knows???
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Carrie: Move on from disappointments – they are merely a bump in the road of life.
MJ: Be thankful for what you have