Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Christmas

On Saturday night, I just had to try out my new snowshoes! So, I headed to the backyard and had a great time playing with them. I can't wait until the new year when we can really head out into the woods and enjoy finding adventure with our snowshoes. I have already found some great places with trails that we can go and check out. We also have great trails in the woods right in our own backyard!





















Today we had a wonderful time celebrating more Christmas with my family.  We went out to eat and enjoyed opening more presents. 







































Now we just have to survive the next 2 1/2 days at school and we are off to celebrate with MJ's family in Minnesota!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Can you explain snow shoes? Is there traction on the bottom so you don't slip? Do you slide your feet instead of stepping? I've never seen a pair up close I don't think so I don't know how they are used. It looks like you are having fun in them.

Carrie and MJ said...

Snowshoes first of all disperse your weight across the snow so you don't sink way in. The heavier you are, the longer they are. They are made of aluminum so they are very light and you strap your feet into them. In the center of the bottom and up by the toe there are "spikes" that help grip in the snow as well.

Lisa said...

Got it. Thanks. Do you slide your feet across the snow in them or walk?