Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Del.ls Part One....

We got to the Wis.consin D.ells early on Saturday as we only had to drive 300 miles. We set up camp and had a nice fire before we went out for the evening. We didn't find any more stowaways in the van or the grill, so I think we left all of the mice in NY!




In the evening, we decided to go to a magic show. It was actually lots of fun and I am always amazed at the way they use light and mirrors, etc to create the illusions.


On Sunday morning, we did an Upp.er De.lls Boat Tour. It was a beautiful sunny day and just perfect to be out on a boat. We saw some beautiful rock formations while we were on the river and we made two stops where we were able to get off the boat and walk around for a bit.




The first stop was at Witch.es G.ulch. It was a winding path with little water falls and rock formations. There were also a few places where the rock was just barely wide enough for the walkway.



Stop number 2 was at Stan.d R.ock. It was really tall!
We also saw V.isor R.ock on this stop as well.

Here we are at the end of the second stop.
The D.ells part two will be up tomorrow- Duck tour and Water show.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks beautiful!!! thanks for sharing all of these pics with us.

C.I.W. said...

WHAT??? Wisconsin Dells!!! You are the second blogger I read who has come to Wisconsin Dells from other states... I forget people do that.. I just think it is people from Illinois trying to escape-- or other people from Wisconsin.

I wish I knew you were coming.. I would have pointed other Wisconsin coolness :)

glad you had fun!

Lisa said...

You take awesome pics. I went camping once and loved it. Danielle refuses to go. I may have to enlist my friend to go with me again.