Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Total Bust

So, this cycle has turned out to be a total bust! My estrogen level actually dropped yesterday to a whopping 75 - this after 19 days of stims. So, we made the decision to just cancel this cycle. We think that my body is just too out of whack as we did the D & C in May and then almost immediately went on birth control for 3 months. We just suppressed my system too much. The good news is that I don't have to sit a cycle out, so as soon as af arrives (probably in 10 days or so), we'll be aready to go again!

My stress was alleviated when I called Joanne at Mid.west Sp.erm Ban.k ready to beg and plead for her to let us send back the vial. She was super nice about it and said absolutely we could send it back. She told me that "I always tell my girls that they should send the sperm back instead of wasting it on a bad cycle. Wait to use it until it's going to work!" She made my day! So, I just talked to the doctor's office and they are going to get F.ed E.x to pick it up today!
All we have to do is call Joanne when we are ready next cycle and she'll ship the vial back to us.

So, that's the news from here - a little disappointed that we had to cancel, but not as disappointed as we would be if it were a BFN.

8 comments:

A said...

So sorry. It's great you don't have to wait long to start the process over again. The process in itself is so draining, but we continue to look forward to it. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

It sucks that you weren't able to go ahead, but I'm so glad that they took your vial back. Very cool of them.

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry that this cycle didn't work out! I'll cross my fingers for next cycle :)

Anonymous said...

crap. so sorry to hear this cycle didn't work out, especially after so many days of drugs.

im impressed with midwest's return policy, it's great you didn't have the extra stress/dissapointment of losing that sperm and money.

hope af shows quickly and you are able to get moving again!

Anonymous said...

Well damn. Glad you didn't have to waste your stuff, but it is disappointing. Hoping for a BFP next cycle!

Lisa said...

Crap! I hate when our bodies do not cooperate. But waiting only 10 days helps. Joanne absolutely rocks. I feel like she truly is invested her in customers. I mean to an extent. I doubt any other bank would do that for you. When I ttc'd this last cycle, she was able to wiggle a bit and get me vials I needed. I hope the next try is the one. How's school going?

luckyduck said...

Bummer about the next try. But what a good decision about waiting a bit. You are doing a great job listening to your body. Sending some baby dust your way for when you need it!

Michele said...

:( Damn... I am so sorry... We will just have to hope for the next cycle!