Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snowblower Etiquette


So, as I look out at the beautiful winter wonderland we woke up to again this morning, I have a couple of thoughts. There should be rules regarding snow blowers and how you use them. The GOLDEN RULE of snowblowing should be: "Thou shalt not blow the snow from your driveway into my driveway." Furthermore, "Thou shalt not blow the snow from your driveway into the road in front of my driveway." And finally, "Driving your truck up and down the driveway repeatedly does not constitute snow blowing."

Now these seem to be easy rules, but my neighbor must know nothing about them. You would think that a lot of this is just common sense, but I often forget that there are a lot of people in this world who have very little common sense.

And in other news - What was up with Carolina last night???? Did they even show up for the game??? In an earlier blog post I talked about our football pool at work. I am currently tied for FIRST PLACE and MJ is in third, just 2 measely points out of first. The playoff games this week are worth 4 points apiece. So, there are 16 points at stake with only 4 chances to get those points. We were so excited because we both went out on a limb and went with Baltimore yesterday instead of Tennessee. Well, we scored in that game - and EVERYONE figured that Carolina would spank Arizona. That would mean 2 for 2 going into today. But NO, Carolina got blown away. We'll see what happens today - we both picked NY and Pittsburgh to win the two games this afternoon. I would really like to get 12 points this week.

No comments: