Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beta #1

So, I found out the hard way that unless the Beta is ordered STAT, you don't get the results the same day. So, after haing blood work done at 7AM Tuesday morning, I got my results at 9:30 Wednesday. So, let me just say that I will be writing STAT in big huge letters on my lab slip when I go in on Friday for the second beta.

Without further adieu: Tuesday's Beta at 14dpo was 80. Progesterone level was 11.8. We are very happy with the beta, but nervous about the progesterone level. My doctor said that anything over 10 is fine, but I've read that it should be closer to 20. Of course as my mom says, "We know too much!" She is right, we need to stop reading into things and trust that everything will be fine.

That's the news from here, we finished up our foster parent training tonight. We plan to put that on hold for the time being, but we decided it would be a good idea to at least finish up the training.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the progesterone level.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

horay!! i've been checking in, waiting to see that beta number and it was worrying me it took you so long to post!! SO glad to hear all is well - 80 is a great first number!!! :)

i dont know about the progesterone levels, but i tend to side with your mom - step away from the google and trust your doc.

congrats congrats!!

livieandhermommies said...

Hey...let the doctors do the worrying; and if they aren't worried then you don't be worried!! All will be well!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the beta!

No worries on the progesterone - mine hovered around 13 in the first few weeks, so i think you're good to go!

cindyhoo2 said...

Yay! 80 is great. As for the progesterone levels, people have been getting pg and having babies with low progesterone levels for years. Your mom is right: we do know too much. We have too many things to worry about with the extra information. I would trust your doc. You are over 10 and that is all that matters.

A said...

I don't know about progesterone levels either, but maybe you should ask your doctor to prescrib you a progesterone supplement to help in that area. Just a thought.

I'm just so happy for you.

Lisa said...

Great number. cool beans. Congrats.