Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Normal- What is that?

Here we sit on a Saturday morning - both of us just utterly exhausted. We are just physically and emotionally worn out. The thing is - we know that is completely normal, however it is hard to let it be normal. Because, really, what is normal right now???

Our world has come crashing down around us, yet life keeps moving at full speed. The demands of work are there, and it is the end of the year, so it is an even more stressful time than normal. There are meetings, extra meetings, testing, kids out of control, etc. I know this is the way it always is at this time of the year, but my head is still in a fog, and somedays I just can't cope......

I know that life has to go on, and I know that some sense of normalcy will begin to creep back into our lives. Right now, though, it seems as if we are struggling to find that balance. We are amazed at how quickly we became attached to that little life growing inside of me, and I think we are a bit surprised at how emotionally taxing this truly has been for both of us.

We have each other, we WILL make it through this - I guess some days are just tougher than others....

4 comments:

Michele said...

Quick attachment is what being a mommy is all about, I think. I've loved each of our little ones, those carried for months and those lost almost immediately, with my whole heart everytime. I think that just shows how much you love your little one.

Normal becomes different after a loss. And that's okay.

I'm sending you warm vibes, especially for tomorrow.

tireegal68 said...

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time - but you are right - it is normal. I think once the energy that a crisis brings with it runs out you can get very exhausted and down. I hope you can take some time out of the hectic work schedule to just be still and veg out and take things slowly if you possibly can. Can you take some sick time?
I am so sorry you have to deal with this and of course you were attached to your little chicklet - you are mommies!
sending so many hugs and love to you both.

Anonymous said...

I am just so sorry. {{{}}}

Anonymous said...

yes, you will make it through, but its a hard path. be kind to yourselves and take some time to step out of the full-steam-ahead world.