Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another Update..

Some of you have been asking if we are putting TTC on the back burner and the answer is NO! We will be trying again in a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work, we have April and June as well. At that point, I think we are done TTC. It will be 12 tries, and more than 3 years. We don't have coverage for IVF, nor do we have the finances to pay for it ourselves. We are definitely still holding on to that glimmer of hope that we will be able to have a child of our own.

In foster parenting news, I talked with a super nice lady from the agency last night and got lots of information. We will definitely be attending the training on the 21st and we can have all of our other training modules done in March - we just have to call and sign up.

The only bit of bad news (if you want to call it that) is that this agency pretty much only deals with kids from grade 5 and up. We were really hoping for YOUNGER children. The benefit of this agency is that the kids they have are all pretty much looking for permanent homes. If we went through DCYF - those kids usually come to stay for a while and then go back to their families. So, we have alot of decisions to make. This agency said that it is not impossible to get younger children, we would probably just have to wait.

So, we have decided that we really want to stick with this agency as it is a private agency VS. working with DCYF which is state funded. Nothing against DCYF, but working as teachers, we know how underfunded, understaffed, etc state agencies are. Since we feel strongly that we would like to stay with this agency, we are going to let the chips fall as they may and really work with them to find what will fit best for our family in terms of placement of a child.

That's the update from here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so much excitement over here with the upcoming try and the movement towards fostering!! :) cant wait to hear how it all plays out!

C.I.W. said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I swear-- I thought I had been to the end of the internet, reading all the lesbian ttc blogs- then *poof* I found yours ;)

Love all of your crafts! you gals are talented! I may take some notes..

I just thought I would say hi- I am going to add you to my blogroll!


Casey

Lisa said...

I briefly (and I say briefly because I got as far as receiving an info packet) looked into private adoption and it was $21,000 divided between three payments (joining, homestudy and having a baby placed with you).