Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Monday, April 5, 2010

News........

After a terrible week and terrible fear of losing our baby we are finally at peace. Our appointment was PERFECT today! Baby measures 9W1D exactly which is what we are today. Heartbeat was 160 BPM and s/he was kicking its legs furiously and moving all around. It actually looked like a baby this time - we could clearly see the arms, legs, spine, etc. The doc spent a lot of time checking things out and she said everything looks perfect! She also said that although anything can happen at any time, she thinks that I've "made it over the hump."

We can hardly believe it! We were so convinced that someting was terribly wrong.  Our doc was so good and said that she would tell us right away if everything was OK and then do what she needed to in terms of the U/S.  When the baby came up on the screen you could immediately notice that it was bigger.  Then we heard the most wonderful words ever - "You have a great baby.  Look, there's the heart beating."

So, here is the latest pic of Cupid - needless to say we are totally in love!


So, of course, we are celebrating this evening........MJ with a Margarita, and me with a decaf iced tea!
I think today was honestly more exciting than finding out we were pregnant. 

I do believe a ticker may finally be in order for the sidebar!

Now begins the search for an OB.....

Thanks so much for all of your support - it means more than you know!

20 comments:

Linnette said...

:)
Mrs. R

livieandhermommies said...

YAY YAY YAY YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
: )

Anonymous said...

So so happy for you! Great u/s pic!

livieandhermommies said...

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Schroedinger said...

I am so happy and relieved for you both! I am sorry you had such a rough week, but what a beautiful ending!
Yay!

cindyhoo2 said...

Excellent news!!! So exciting. I agree that this is even better than a BFP: instead you got a Big Fat Healthy!!! So now not only do you get a great baby, you also get to be one of the women with very few symptoms.

frankncents said...

Woo-hoo! I am very relieved to hear that, especially after your worried posts earlier this week. Enjoy your healthy, growing baby!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! Your little bean is lovely already :)

anofferingoflove said...

Hurray!!! I am so, so, so happy for you two!! Congrats on the perfect scan!

That's one beautiful little bean you have in there! :-D

P said...

Great news. What a relief for you guys. Celebrate...celebrate.

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about y'all this entire day. So glad to see your beautiful picture :-)

Lisa said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Chicks 1 Hatchling said...

The perfect ending to a tough week! So glad everything is going perfect. Time to relax ladies!

tireegal68 said...

Wow ladies! I am so happy for you all! I have been worrying about you all day! I just was able to check the blog and that is the best news of the day! Your little valentine cherub is gorgeous! Good luck finding an obgyn or midwife!

C.I.W. said...

I was nervous to find your update - and so so relieved to read all is well!!!!! Enjoy your tea and margie - you mamas deserve it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm sooo happy for the both of you, actually the three of you. Congrats!

Trinity said...

I'm so happy for you both, and relieved!

CJ said...

I love the floating baby ticker! Mine keeps hitting it's head on the border, but it's all good, amniotic sac and all! Congrats on a great appointment!

Jen said...

such great news!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO thrilled for you! Cupid is just perfect!