Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack

Mom, Mama, Drew and Jack
the adventures of 2 boys and their moms

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fear

So, my week has gone like this:

Monday- stabbing pains in lower abdomen, especially on the left side.  Nausea was TERRIBLE - I had a very bad day and felt just awful.

Tuesday - woke up and all symptoms were gone - no nausea at all, boobs not sore at all (and they had been killing me), food aversions seem to be totally gone

Wednesday - symptoms still gone and I didn't even need to get up at night to pee (which I have been doing 1 - 2 times EVERY night)

Today - still no symptoms.  Called the doc because of course, I am terrified.  She told me she thinks I'm fine because I haven't had any additional cramping and no bleeding at all (I reminded her that I had no bleeding or cramping last time either.)  She told me that often symptoms peak at 8 weeks and then start to drop off and again, she thinks I'm fine.

I'm convinced I've miscarried (something just doesn't seem right to me)

Is it really normal to completely lose all pregnancy symptoms this early?

What about the sharp, stabbing pains I had on Monday?

And, again, I had NO bleeding or cramping when I miscarried last year.

Help???  What are your experiences like this??? 

I am going crazy, really I am.......

We have an U/S scheduled for Monday at 3:45 and I have already prepared myself for no hearbeat........

7 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

I *totally* undersand your fear, it's impossible to relax completely after a loss.

It is very normal for symptoms to come and go. And you will feel all sorts of cramping/stabbing/pulling sensations as your uterus stretches.

Hang tight and try to believe in a good outcome (however hard that is). We are all rooting for you and your little one!

cindyhoo2 said...

Ahhhh, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. I will be saying a prayer that all is well with your little one as well. Scary times!

tireegal68 said...

Oh girls, this really sucks!!!
Can you get in tomorrow instead?
My symptoms have come and gone too but not so dramatically.
It could be just an anomaly - everyone's pregnancys are so different. I'm praying like crazy for you all to get good news. Pleeeeeeease!

Lisa said...

How many weeks are you? Symptoms really do come and go. I remember thinking omg, my boobs aren't sore anymore. OMG, I don't feel nauseous anymore. OMG, the pains are gone. The one thing I learned about my particular pregnancy and it was true throughout my entire pergnancy was that none of my symptoms ever lasted more than 1-2 weeks at the most. This was good in some cases like m/s, intense fatigue, crankiness, etc. If my boobs were sore one week, they weren't the next week. Even my extreme fatigue I was bitching about the other week has gone.

The first trimester is totally anxiety provoking and I imagine doubly so if you've m/c before. It's like you are waiting for the other shoe to drop so I hear you and your concerns. Take a deep breath and see if you can get in tomorrow. If you are beyond 8 weeks, maybe they can try to listen for a heartbeat. I know that offered me some reassurance at 9 weeks.

I'm thinking about you. I know it's easier said that done but try to distract yourself this weekend with Easter stuff. As long time ttc'ers we are always waiting for the other shoe to drop but ya know what? it doesn't

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts! Mrs. R

A said...

That is so scary! I am so sorry and I will think good thoughts for Monday that you and baby are just fine.

Trinity said...

I'm hoping and praying that you haven't miscarried! I truly believe that you haven't though - positive thoughts. I know this must be so scary but stay strong, all will be fine.